Hyper-Convergence for Mission Critical Use Cases with Maxta MaxDeploy Pre-Validated Reference Architecture and Cisco Compatibility Certifications
Sunnyvale, Calif. – November 18, 2014 – Maxta ®, a leading provider of hyper-converged and software-defined storage solutions, today announced that it is the first Cisco® certified hyper-converged solution to run on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) C-Series Rack-Mount systems and also support clusters spanning metro distances.
The Maxta MxSP™ Storage Platform with UCS Rack-Mount servers provides a cost-effective yet powerful solution that provides the simplicity of VM-centric management, scale-up, scale-out, the ability to independently scale compute and storage, along with a full suite of enterprise-class data services. Additionally, MaxDeploy™ reference architecture testing has been completed and has been certified by Cisco as a fully tested and pre-validated solution that delivers high performance and scalability for a range of virtualized workloads.
Metro cluster takes high availability one-step further than local replication, RAID and/or software mirroring. Found traditionally in storage arrays, metro cluster enables business continuity in the event of a complete site failure by replicating data across data centers vs. servers. Maxta metro cluster with the Cisco UCS C240 M3 is the first hyper-converged solution for Cisco servers to replicate across metro distances from a few hundred meters up to 500 kilometers. The addition of this functionality now enables leveraging Cisco UCS servers for hyper-converged solutions hosting mission critical data.
Pre-configured and pre-tested solutions are a critical part of many organizations’ evaluation processes. (See recent Hyper-convergence State of the Market Survey.) MaxDeploy reference architecture testing and Cisco IVT testing provides organizations with the predictability of performance and peace of mind to hyper-converge and run mission critical applications on Cisco UCS systems.
Integrated Solution Information:
- MaxDeploy reference architecture tested with 4 Cisco UCS C240 M3 Systems with 2 Socket 4 cores (Intel Xeon® CPU E5-2643 @ 3.30GHz)
- MxSP Storage Platform achieved Cisco compatibility certification with Rack Mounts (C-series) UCSM 2.2.1*
- Support for VMware Stretch Storage Metro Cluster for continuous availability in case of site, data center, or rack failure in vSphere environments
- Resiliency and High Availability with local mirroring and replication across local and metro distances
- Provides VM-centric enterprise-class reliability and data services
- Cost-effectively scales up VM performance and VM density for more and larger VM workloads
- Seamlessly integrates with VMware environments supporting vMotion, Storage vMotion, HA and Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- Dramatically simplifies IT by eliminating the need for storage arrays, storage networking and storage management
- 50,000+ IOPS in a 4 server cluster, leveraging server attached SSD and HDD resources
- Provides 3X savings over traditional converged infrastructure configurations
* Compatibility certification via Interoperability Verification Testing and Cisco Validated Design is designed to simulate typical customer configurations and does not replace the need for on-site testing and interoperability validation in conjunction with actual implementation.
“Maxta’s success in the enterprise and service provider market is possible because of our strong relationships with vendors across the industry, which ensures technical integration and comprehensive solutions for the virtual data center,” said Yoram Novick, founder, President and CEO Maxta. “By working closely with Cisco, we are able to create pre-defined and pre-validated MaxDeploy reference architectures that provide the latest in innovation while removing the interoperability and performance guesswork for customers deploying hyper-converged solutions.”
Yoram Novick, CEO Maxta
“With the growing popularity of hyper-convergence, there has been a strong demand for hyper-converged solutions to provide equivalent functionality to traditional storage arrays, along with pre-validated and integrated solutions from leading server vendors,” said Arun Taneja, Founder, President and Consulting Analyst, Taneja Group. “The addition of metro cluster functionality enables mission critical workloads to be added to hyper-converged use cases, further broadening the opportunity for Cisco and its partners to offer hyper-converged solutions.”
Arun Taneja, Founder, President and Consulting Analyst, Taneja Group
Maxta is a member of the Cisco Solution Partner Program, part of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem, which unites Cisco with third-party independent hardware and software vendors to deliver integrated solutions to joint customers. As a Solution Partner, Maxta offers a complementary product offering and collaborates with Cisco to meet the needs of joint customers. https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/companies/maxta
- MaxDeploy Reference Architecture Running on Cisco UCS
- For more information on Cisco and Maxta solutions visit: Cisco Marketplace
- Maxta Metrocluster Blog
- Follow us on Twitter
- Visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook
Availability and Pricing
MaxDeploy Running on Cisco UCS C240 is available immediately. Pricing starts at MSRP $39,000.
Maxta maximizes the promise of hyper-convergence. Maxta software-defined storage solutions provide organizations the choice to deploy hyper-convergence on any x86 server, use any hypervisor and any combination of storage devices. The simplicity of Maxta’s VM-centric solution reduces IT management to further maximize cost savings. Hyper-scale, enterprise-level data services and capacity optimization, empower organizations to hyper-converge, eliminating the need for SAN or NAS devices. Think outside the storage box. For more information visit http://maxta.wpengine.com.