We are expanding out our engineering and product development team and are seeking an experienced engineer to contribute to our leading edge software product. Named in Gartner’s list of Cool Vendors “Cool Vendors in Storage, 2015.”, our passion is to delight our customers!
This is a challenging position because….you’re bored with monotony!
- You will be part of a passionate team that is working on Hyper-Converged Storage and cutting-edge distributed software.
- You will apply your creativity to define and develop scale-out software for distributed and clustered systems.
- You’ll hack the guts of a complex system to optimize performance and reliability, while always keeping customer needs in mind.
- You will gain insane architectural knowledge of our platform, to drive value for our customers’ most valuable assets, and focus on what’s most important—their business.
If you think distributed systems are COOL …. then you’ll like this!
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and a high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges.
- You think outside the box and are not afraid to share new ideas, while bantering with your peers toward a common goal.
- You love to learn so you are on top of the latest technologies and want to share the knowledge with your teammates.
- You love to dive into complex issues, and have a spider sense to anticipate, plan and coordinate solutions for a combination of scenarios.
In this role, you will design and deliver software for the management layer of Maxta’s MxSP hyperconverged solution. The management layer is responsible for the virtual infrastructure and interaction with core services. You will design and develop solutions for storage provisioning, design and deliver API’s for the front end, and architect and code solutions for hypervisor integration.
This position requires….
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 3 – 5 years of R&D experience using Java and Python in a Linux environment
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience working with VMware vSphere or KVM hypervisors
- Clustering and distributed systems experience a must
Benefits for you….
Maxta offers competitive benefits, including a 401(k), FSA, an onsite gym, fully stocked kitchen and is walkable to downtown Sunnyvale and CalTrain.
If this intrigues you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and position in the subject line.