Senior Systems Engineer
Job Code 1018
We are seeking a highly driven, passionate and experienced individual to define and drive System Engineering activities for the Maxta Storage Platform. The successful candidate will be the key point of contact for customers and channel partners and provide both pre- and post-sales advice.
The Senior Systems Engineer will liaise directly with other members of the Sales team, Engineering and Product Management and Marketing.
Maxta’s groundbreaking Software-Defined, VM-centric Storage Platform dramatically simplifies IT, while delivering significant cost savings. It enables the convergence of compute and storage on standard servers leveraging server-side flash and disk drives to optimize performance and capacity. Maxta enables shared storage with enterprise-class data services and full scale-out without performance degradation.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales implementation services
- Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Delivering technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs
- Providing training and developing support material for other members of the sales team
- Be the technical advocate of Maxta Storage Platform
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a systems/datacenter engineer, field engineer in the storage or virtualization industry
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven start-up work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to large groups
- Should be able articulate the Maxta Storage Platform’s business value
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to travel as required