Senior Technical Writer
Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Maxta is re-defining enterprise storage by delivering an innovative software-defined storage platform to dramatically simplify IT and significantly reduce costs all without compromise to enterprise-class data services. Our world-class team possesses a history of innovation and a strong track record in building great companies where people remain constantly inspired and challenged to excel. We are very excited about building the team and culture essential for becoming the best infrastructure software company. Top VC firms Andreessen Horowitz, Intel Capital, and Tenaya Capital fund Maxta.
If you get excited about the idea of redefining the virtual data center and thrive in a start-up environment, please read on.
- Write technical product documentation for our Maxta Storage Platform
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language
- Meet with engineers, product management to establish technical specifications
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by administrators reading the document
- Ensure flow of the documents
- Validate and test the product documents written
- Follow the document development life cycle
- Release the documents following final approval
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years technical writing experience with a focus on developing easy to comprehend content
- Experience in Storage and/or data management technologies a requirement
- Experience working with virtualized environments required
- Experience working with Openstack is a plus
- Exceptional writing skills with ability to write impactful and succinct content
- Ability to clearly communicate deeper technical messages
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Self-starter and results driven: This is a hands-on role and you must be comfortable creating and delivering on projects with limited resources.
- BS or BA in English or Computer Science preferred