As a Senior Systems Engineer, he or she is a technical expert who is responsible for selling our Hyperconverged Infrastructure software product and solutions through Channel Partners and interacting directly with customers in the area. He or she will work closely with sales managers and often a technical spokesperson in front of customers, partners and sellers. He or she will support a wide range of GTM focused activities to help close sales plan, ranging from product introduction, technical marketing collateral, web presence, and business development.
- Develop and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations that explain key technical solutions, products or services to benefit customers, prospective customers and partners.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess requirements. Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospects and develop formal quotes, written technical sales proposals or formal sales presentations addressing their business needs. Respond to RFP’s and follow up with prospects.
- Work with prospects to problem solve through every hurdle during the sales process.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with prospects, customers and partners.
- Build and strengthen business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Provide or facilitate training opportunities for customers and partners.
- Successfully tailor demonstrations for customers, trade shows and special events.
- Identify Maxta customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Develop product and solution collaterals and be the technical authority through marketing tools including website, knowledge base, and blogs.
- Research the industry on an on-going basis to know the changes in the horizon that will impact current and future sales. Work with compliance to ensure legal requirements are met.
KEY ATTRIBUTES IN THE ROLE:
- Results orientated with genuine passion for the cloud computing and enterprise customers. Professional, self-motivated with high level of self-confidence to deliver expectations of the business. Excellent in facilitation and presentation with solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, Engineering, and Product.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to think critically and suggest improvements that might lead to cost savings or other benefits for the customers and prospects.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and propose our solutions. Ability to tailor-made multiple turnkey solutions packages.
- Understanding of customer needs for ongoing services and manage expectations from customer and sales.
- Travel (up to 70%) both locally (must have reliable transportation) and around continental North America for sales assessments, presentations, POCs and deployments of solution.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on varying business requirements and time zone differences. Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines.
- Must be reliable and punctual and follow up with prospects, customers and partners from initial sales call to final deployment. Ability to juggle multiple prospects, customers and partners.
- Assist customers with onsite POC and onsite deployments of Maxta solution. May require assisting customer with racking servers (ability to lift approximately 70lbs servers).
- 5+ years of relevant software technology experience with BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of marketing management, engineering or technology marketing roles.
- Knowledge in cloud computing infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure, software defined storage and virtualization.
- Experience and knowledge competence on VMWare and KVM virtualization, storage and backup.
- Highly motivated, technology savvy with passion and the ability to work in a fast-paced disruptive environment.
- Able to generate high-impact ideas, manage multiple stakeholders and drive initiatives to completion.
- Great communication skills across diverse audiences, proven ability to influence and drive change through others including senior executives.