Customer Service/Technical Support Engineer
Job Code 1020
Maxta is re-defining enterprise storage by delivering an innovative Software-Defined Storage platform to dramatically simplify IT and significantly reduce costs yet delivering all enterprise-class data services. Our world-class team possesses a history of innovation and a strong track record in building great companies where people remain constantly inspired and challenged to excel. We are very excited about building the team and culture essential for becoming the best infrastructure software company. Maxta is an Andreesen Horowitz funded company, which is one of the TOP VC’s in Silicon Valley.
As a customer support engineer, you provide technical support for released products through product end of life. Specific areas of focus will be in diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing software and hardware issues. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner; possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to more senior Sustaining Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the customer problem is too complex or falls into their specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, internal knowledge base and tools, as well as higher level engineers to provide the best solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new technical issues/resolutions for reuse throughout the center.
- Active participation in technical communication meetings to learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Assist other technical support engineers working on customer cases within your area of expertise.
- Exceed customer expectations for response time and problem resolution
- Great overall interpersonal skills; ability to thrive in a demanding and stressful customer focused environment.
- Great written skills and ability to leverage classis presentation tools such as PPT and/or excel
- Possess software core dump analysis capabilities
- Domain expertise in at least two of the following: storage, networking, servers, and virtualization
- Additional expertise in RAID, DR, CIFS, NFS, and TCP/IP is preferred
- Strong aptitude in learning new technologies
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Enjoys working in a team environment and being part of a fast growing company
- At least 5 years of experience supporting enterprise level customers
- Motivated self starter, with outstanding work ethic