The 5 Requirements of Hyperconvergence Software
All of the sudden, software has become all the rage in hyperconvergence. Not long ago, it was all about hyperconverged appliances. But sometimes software isn’t really software – it’s “an appliance in software clothing.” The higher costs and downsides of an appliance model can persist even as everything transitions to software.
In this short paper, we describe 5 key requirements for hyperconvergence software.
- Are your hardware choices restricted?
- Can you add storage capacity to a node?
- Is the software license attached to hardware?
- Can you add memory and CPU without storage?
- Can you use existing hardware to run it?
These can help you distinguish true software from appliances masquerading as software. Learn more in the paper.