Core Systems Software Engineer
We are building out our core development team and are seeking experienced engineers to contribute to our leading edge software product. Named in Gartner’s list of Cool Vendors “Cool Vendors in Storage, 2015.”, our passion is to delight our customers!
This is a challenging position because….you’re bored with monotony!
- You will be part of a passionate team that is working on Hyper-Converged Storage and cutting-edge distributed software.
- You will apply your creativity to define and development scale-out software for distributed and clustered systems.
- You’ll hack the guts of a complex system to optimize performance and reliability, while always keeping customer needs in mind.
- You will gain insane architectural knowledge of our platform, to drive value for our customers’ most valuable assets, and focus on what’s most important—their business.
If you think distributed systems are COOL…. then you’ll like this!
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and a high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges.
- You think outside the box and are not afraid to share new ideas, while bantering with your peers toward a common goal
- You love to learn so you are on top of the latest technologies and want to share the knowledge with your teammates.
- You love to dive into complex issues, and have a spider sense to anticipate, plan and coordinate solutions for a combination of scenarios.
Your background includes….
- BS in a related field with 3 – 5 years of experience, or MS in a related field with 1 – 2 years of experience.
- C, C++, Java, Python
- VMware vSphere experience
- Strong systems programming
- Familiarity with concurrency models
- Server / storage virtualization helpful
- Clustering and distributed systems experience helpful
Benefits for you….
Maxta offers competitive benefits, including a 401(k), FSA, an onsite gym, fully stocked kitchen and is short stroll to downtown Sunnyvale and CalTrain.
If this intrigues you, we would love to hear from you! Please email email@example.com with your resume and in the Subject line: “your name and the position.”