Software Engineer – KVM Management Stack
Maxta is looking to hire mid/senior level software engineer who will be responsible for developing storage and virtual machine management software for MxSP (Maxta Storage Platform) running on KVM platform.
- Design and implement the entire management stack for managing MxSP on KVM.
- Building the management stack that will enable packaging, installation/configuration, patching, MxSP upgrade (non-disruptive), VM management, VM high availability, policy management, data services, reporting, cluster management, disk/SSD management, SCVMM integration, VM backup/recovery.
- Identifying areas for improvement/enhancements in our management stack and work with a cross platform team to deliver the new changes across all hypervisors
- Working with other development engineers and QA in delivering quality software
- Experience building management stack/application for OpenStack/RHEV. Working knowledge of other hypervisors (VMware/XEN/Hyper-V) and the confidence to quickly come up-to speed on KVM is a plus.
- Java Programming
- Experience in server / storage virtualization, clustering and distributed systems is a plus